The Dubai Cricket Council (DCC) is a sporting body for conducting, promoting and scheduling the
game and providing amenities to those who wish to learn the art of play and continue playing
DCC is headed by Abdul Rahman Falaknaz as Chairman, and Mohammad Redha Abbas as Vice Chairman.
There is a Working Committee to supervise day to day functioning of the programmed activities.
DCC is licensed for its activities by Department of Economic Development, Government of Dubai
and is an affiliate of the Emirates Cricket Board, the national body created by Ministry of
Youth and Sports in 1989.
Role of Dubai Cricket Council
- Structuring the game of Cricket in Dubai b application of International Laws of Cricket and
formulation of local playing conditions.
- Arranging the training of Umpires and other Officials for improvement of the game by recognize experts from different countries.
Developing the infrastructure for conduct of the Game by:
- Making of playing grounds and practice areas.
- Registration of Players which are more than 6,000 in the Season 1999-2000 of different
nationalities besides UAE, residing in Dubai.
- Setting up of Coaching and Physical conditioning programme by players of International
repute for National youngsters and other age groups.
- Conducting sponsored events in the Season for all ages groups and vocations, such as:
- Junior Inter School - Under 14 years
- Senior Inter School - Under 18 years
- Inter College - Under 19 years
- Inter Corporate - For Public Sector and Commercial Houses
- Inter Shipping
- Inter Hotel
- Inter Airline & Travel Trade
- Inter Bank
- Mainstream activity, categorized under various Divisions in which Teams sponsored by
organizations like DEWA, Etisalat, Dubai Municipality, Dubai Government, Workshop, Emirates Airlines,
to name a few, take part. In Season 1998-1999, 17 mainstream events were staged in addition to
categories given from (i) to (viii), above.
By means of its activities, the Dubai Cricket Council is following the required steps
initiated by His Highness Sheikh Mohammed Bin Rashid Al Maktoum in regard to the Physical Fitness
Programme among the Youth.
- The Council follows the "greening of Dubai" programme, as well. The DCC's two grass grounds cover
more than 15 acres, meticulously kept at all times, which are in addition on seven "sabkha"